Jenny Allan, move consultant at Two Men and a Truck moving company, gives helpful tips on how to move with pets. Pets can be easily stressed, so here are a few tips on how to make the move with your pets as easy for you and for them as possible.
Before the Move
- Remember to update pet’s tags and information with the new address and contact information as soon as possible.
- Visit the veterinarian to get a physical and a copy of the pet’s medical history.
During the Move
- Keep pets contained when movers are present and while traveling to prevent injuries or runaway animals.
- For different pets there are certain things to do to make the pet comfortable in their new surroundings. For example with cats, it’s good to surround them with familiar objects such as feeding and water bowls, toys, blanket or bed.
After the Move
- Restrict your pet to one or two rooms to get use to their new surroundings before letting them explore the whole house.
- For dogs, it may be better to leave them outside until they are comfortable with their new surroundings.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK is the largest franchised moving company inNorth America. It includes more than 200 locations and more than 1,300 trucks on the road. Each location is independently owned and operated, and sells boxes and packing supplies. Locations complete both home and business moves, as well as packing and unpacking services.