Have you ever considered living aboard? It could be a great life… you avoid traffic jams, can cool off in the water any time, and you can pick up and move anywhere you want. However it could also be a very tedious life… there’s the toilet to empty, grocery shopping would become quite a feat, not to mention the danger of weathering out a storm. Your Sacramento Moving Company considers the pros and cons of living on a houseboat.
- The water is you backyard… and your front yard – if you love the water, you would love this aspect of living on a houseboat.
- No more lawn work!
- You still get all the luxury of a land-based home – Many modern houseboats come with full kitchens, bathroom and shower, as well as TV and radio. What more could you need for a simple life on the water?
- No more traffic jams!
- Mobility – You can move your houseboat up and down the river or lake any time you need a change of scene.
- No taxes – That’s right. Living on the water you have no obligation to pay property tax
- Close quarters – Bedrooms and bathrooms are as minimal as it gets. This style of living may not work for you if you get claustrophobic.
- This may not be the safest place during a storm
- Getting groceries becomes a hassle – You can’t just dash around the corner to the local super market… it becomes a serious journey.
- Chores – Emptying the boat bathroom and cleaning the deck
- Hidden Costs – You can’t simply just buy the boat and move in. You will also have to consider the costs of renting a dock somewhere, insurance, licenses, fuel, maintenance and all those regular bills you would have at any home such as electricity and cable.
There seems to be a pretty even split of pros and cons to the houseboat lifestyle. So what do you think? Would You Do It?
Our Sacramento Moving Company employs a staff of over 40 Full-Time Movers and Drivers, with a fleet of 10 trucks. We have performed home and business moving services in and around the Greater Sacramento area for almost 10 years. Sacramento Movers also offers packing services and we also sells boxes and packing supplies.
For more information call Carolyn Durkee, Marketing Coordinator at the Sacramento office at 916-852-7411 or visit us on our website at www.twomensacramento.com.