We all know that getting sick is no fun! Going to doctors, getting lab work done and staying confined at home is a drag. All this can also lead to stress, not to mention the cost to yourself and your employer. So to make sure you are not out longer than necessary, follow these tips.
- One of the most important positive actions you can take to prevent illness is exercise. Vigorous work-outs – when you’re breathing hard and sweating – help your heart pump better, give you more energy and help you look and feel your best. Start with a warm-up that stretches your muscles. Include 20 minutes of aerobic activity, such as running, jogging, or dancing.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking contributes to the development of almost all diseases.
- Start your day with breakfast. Breakfast fills your “empty tank” to get you going after a long night without food. And it can help you do better in school or work. Easy to prepare breakfasts including cold cereal with fruit and low-fat milk, whole-wheat toast with peanut butter, yogurt with fruit, or whole-grain are great ways to get your day started right!
- See your doctor. Doctors and health professionals are trained to recognize, treat, and prevent illness, so seeking their advice before symptoms worsen is always a good way to avoid long and painful sick spells.
- Nutrition. Make sure to load up on fruits and vegetables. Yes I know, a lot of us find eating these a tad boring. However did you know that these food items help your body fight cancers, heart disease and diabetes?
- Sleep. Healthy sleep habits have a pervasive effect and are crucial to health and well-being at any age.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Sacramento employs a staff of over 40 Full-Time Movers and Drivers, with a fleet of 10 trucks. We have performed home and business moving services in and around the Greater Sacramento area for almost 10 years. Our award winning services include full service moving and packing services and we also sells boxes and packing supplies.