Your office is a home away from home, with most people spending a minimum of 40 hours a week there, it is important to create an environment you’ll want to be in and perhaps make your days in the office a bit more enjoyable. Your office is a reflection of who you are, so here are some tips on how to put your own personal flair in your work space.
(Photo Credit: Flickr-Rod Vaughn)
- Consider the image you want to portray. In a more professional office, such as an accountant or lawyer’s office, you want to convey professionalism and organization. If you are in a field that allows you to showcase your creative side, like a photographer or graphic designer, your office doesn’t need to be as conventional.
- Pick a color scheme. Neutral colors are great choices for professional offices, while in other environments such as an art studio or pre-schools, feel free to add a variety of colors because they tend to work better in these environments.
- Give thought to office furniture. Darker colors or dark woods scream “professional”, while steel or lighter colored woods would work better in a classroom or reception area. But don’t be afraid to be creative here, colored furniture such as chairs or tables can be used to add a pop of color. Also, think of getting a glass desk for more of a modern yet professional look; a glass desk would look great in any kind of office. Remember comfort is key; working in an office and sitting for long periods of time can cause health issues. Choose furniture that can support your back and help with posture.
- Accessorize. If adding a pop of color with furniture doesn’t work for you, you can always add little touches of color, especially in a professional office where being conservative is key. Tasteful picture frames, diploma cases, paintings, or perhaps a clock can make your office space look more complete, while allowing you to be a little more creative.
- Consider other useful items for your desk. This might include a desk clock, pen set, business card holder, or anything you can think of to personalize your space.
- Consider having plants in your office. There are many benefits to having a plant in the office including improved work efficiency, and improving air quality. There are a number of low maintenance, office friendly plants all it takes is a little research to find the plant that is right for you.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Sacramento employs a staff of over 40 Full-Time Movers and Drivers, with a fleet of 10 trucks. We have performed home and business moving services in and around the Greater Sacramento area for almost 10 years. Our award winning services include full service moving and packing services and we also sells boxes and packing supplies.