We share in the joy of moving people into their new homes every day. And wanted to know the best housewarming gifts people have gotten, so naturally we asked our Facebook and Quora friends. Here’s 7 of the best answers we found:
- Personalized Welcome Mat – We found this beautiful personalized door mat from Pottery Barn to be a great statement piece for any new home. Border and text can be black or espresso and can be monogrammed at no additional charge.
- Soft Sheets – Sleep Number Sheets continue to get softer after each wash. Spoil the new home owners by giving the gift of cozy sheets and they’ll never stop thanking you!
- A Pineapple – Simple, traditional and delicious. This tropical fruit is the ultimate symbol of hospitality.
- Sketch of the New Home – What a fabulous gift idea! Either have a local artist sketch a drawing of the new home or use an online service to create one digitally.
- First Aid Kit – Show you care by giving the gift of safety with an American Red Cross first aid kit.
- Salt and Pepper Mill – A salt and pepper mill is a great way to encourage slow meals.
- DIY Survival Kit – Move Day Survival Kit is all about creativity and practicality. You want to include things your friend, family or client is going to use when everything is pack away. Things you could include would be: detergent, dish towels, paper towel, toilet paper roll, trash bags, air freshener, Clorox wipes, etc. Package all of the necessities in a cute bucket (sand bucket, paint buck, bin) and top it off with a cute note!
Moving into your new home is a very exciting occasion, so if you’re giving a house-warming gift it should come from the heart. What great gifts have you given or received? Share in the comments, we would love to hear them!